Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2009

It's been a while...

AWFULLY long time and no posting... or sewing. A lot has been happening here (including my getting engaged - hooray!), but this weekend is a bank holiday in the UK and I am planning on doing a lot of chilling out and some sewing. Also, most excitingly, I have enrolled for a short sewing course at the London College of Fashion – 'Home sewing with professional fit and finish'! Am very excited, the course is on Saturday mornings for nine weeks and starts on 26 September. I am really looking forward to it.

I have also subscribed to the Burda magazine and a few weeks ago received my first issue (issue 08/2009) – it is so awesome! There are so many things that I want to make from the August issue. I have some lovely wool fabric which I am going to use to make up the skirt in the picture and I also must get something nice to make the blouse. Maybe I will have to have a trip to Goldhawk Road this weekend.... Also totally LOVING this dress in velvet – perfect for autumn and winter and so luxe.
I will also post some pics of my most recent creation which has been hanging in the study waiting to be hemmed for about three weeks now - a black shift dress made in a lovely heavy black cotton drill type fabric, should be lovely for work. It is a little form-fitting, shall we say (I cut it out in a size 8 which is probably a tad too small - though now I am on WEDDING ANTI-FAT PLAN am hoping I will not forever need to be poured into it).

2 comments:

  1. Hey congrats on the engagement!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there again!

    I tagged you on my blog, go check it out!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for commenting!