Pages

Friday 16 April 2010

New arrival...

My sewing-related spending binge has continued unchecked (this is REALLY IT for a while ever) and later today I shall be taking delivery of a Janome 6600P - how exciting is that! I decided a little while ago that maybe it was time to upgrade from my sweet but very basic J3-20 - I think this will be a giant leap... it obviously has about a million more features than I need or will probably ever use, but I am so looking forward to playing with it when it arrives. I did a fair bit of research on the internet and joined a Janome6600p-specific Yahoo group (!), and also went in to Peter Jones on Oxford Street to have a test drive (though I have to admit I didn't buy it from there but from a great UK based site which had £200 off the RRP) - I was amazed at how smooth and quiet it was - and (this might not be the right word) sure-footed! Aside from all the wizzy stitches it can do, the quality of the straight stitch was great and am pretty excited about this whole Accu-feed thing it has going on (supposed to make sewing different stuff together easier). I read that Sew-cial Butterfly is also waiting for the exact same machine to be delivered!

No doubt I will be overwhelmed by the instruction manual - but SO looking forward to making stuff with this!

Anyone else have one of these machines and have any experiences (good or bad) to share??

2 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! I have a very basic Janome, so I can't help you. I am certainly envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wonderful new purchase! I have this machine and I really like it. To be honest, I don't very often use all those fancy advanced features and stitches it has (although I do like having them there just in case). What I like best about it is that it is nice and sturdy and can cope with fabrics that my last machine seemed to have trouble with. I know you will love your Janome and make many gorgeous things with it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for commenting!